Sunday 6 January 2013

Suits to Fit

Hello, everyone.
The Russian is here....
I have been going through Chris' inbox and found the draft of his last ( I wish I could say latest ) blog. He never finished it. But I still want everyone to read it. In fact, I am asking you to read all of his blogs again and again. They are full of life, passion, humor and love to everyone of you, guys. Please, find some time and go through them again. This will be hard and tearful but do it, please . Because by all of us doing it, we'll remember Chris again and again, just as he was - wearing his humongous heart on his sleeve and loving the life to it's full. By reading his blogs we'll only get better and realise what life is all about - love and joy.
I am sure, each and single one of you will take Chris' name through your life. Please do. Talk to your friends about him, tell your kids about crazy Milton, show him as an example of eternal thirst for life and happiness to your friends and family.
Chris also managed to write a farewell letter that has been read at his funeral. I am planning to post it in his blog later for those who did not have a chance to be there or get a copy of it. 
To make it easier, I have highlighted  in red what Chris had in his drafts and the rest in black is from me.
Please know that the doors of our house are always open for you. Just drop me an email any time and I'll get in touch.
There will be quite a few events organised in Chris' memory this year and years to come. I shall keep you all posted.
Thank you ALL for your massive support and endless cards, gifts, messages, etc. It meant a world to Chris, his parents and myself. You are all amazing amazing people! Thank you from all my heart.

Love
The Russian

24 May 2012 19.08pm

I would just like to start this passage by clearing something up that has been coming back to me from a few readers about a previous entry.  I was going on about JAMES CAMERON... The director of Avatar.  Not DAVID CAMERON the current Prime Minister of Great Britain!  The 'blue people' I was banging on about are the Avatar monsters... Not members of the conservative political party, under the Prime Minister!

A few of you told me in one form or another that you made that 'confusing' and easy mix up!  Uuugh?!? 

Anyway...

I return, dear reader, after my 'double blog' entry with yet another exciting install of what is happening to my family and I!  This time during the last weekend that passed.

It all starts in Bluewater shopping centre in the House of Frazer suit consession.  So, with a wedding on the immediate horizon (Friday night - Smiley Ben and Sakura) there's nothing like realising on the Monday... I haven't worn a suit for over a year, I've since lost 20 odd kilo's, my current suit was on the big side anyway and was knocking on for 3 or 4 years old!

So here we go. We've got this Wednesday afternoon to get it right and pick up a good one.  I saw one I liked but it had this weird stitching, purple it was, running down the middle of the shoulder pad.  Weird, I thought.  I'll give that a miss.  Plus it's a grey suit and I fancied a dark one.

Then less than 2 minutes later, on slips the one.  Woop... Feels like a glove.  Cuts in nicely at the back, arms just right.  The shoulders snug but not tight.  um bongo!  Went about for another 2 or 3 to make sure but they weren't a match for the original don.  So in less than half an hour I was swanning about the place with my new purchase in tow looking at other things.  A flash into a good shirt makers for a new size  crisp white shirt with a French cuff and I'm in like Flynn!

Friday arrives and we're invited to 'smiley Ben' and Sakura's wedding evening.  He's a mate from work.  I'm due in hospital for another session of chemo and hopefully no other complications will delay us nor will ill effects deter us from attending!

All good.  The folks and I are back from London by 4, we're due for dinner with my boxing mate, Reggie and his Mrs Helen at 7:30.  I feel good and we've got a good weekend to look forward to. 

Back at Christmas we received a 2 night hotel voucher for us to use anywhere up and down the country.  Thank you to the Boulton family for that.  Ironically I was looking into a driving trip to 'Shotlandia' and a two night stay in the Highlands.  Very nice.  Sadly the mistletoe trip put pay to that so we decided to incorporate a visit to a hotel spa in Linconshire with an afternoon seeing our friends Maz & Sam who have themselves just got home from weeks of hospital care after a terrible experience, for them.

So nice meal, good wedding, looking buff in my new threads, an afternoon visit to our friends in the sticks (hello) and a great weekend at a hotel spa with a few relaxing treatments bolted on! 

After a nice meal the the four of us made our way to the Painted Hall in the Royal Naval cCllege for the reception and saw lots of faces from work who were also invited along.  It was lovely catching up with a few of the guys from work and both the Russian and i had a lovely time actually 

Woo hoo!

Rocketed up the M11 Saturday afternoon.


This is where it stops....We had a lovely weekend in the hotel with spa treatments and sitting in front of the fire in the bar. Chris even managed to have a small argument with Polish chef for not closing the door properly and the draft coming in and he ( Chris) was very proud of being able to show off his modest Polish vocabulary. I wont go into details what words he mentioned:)
The only thing that sadenned our stay was the fact that Chris started having seizures. The first one happenned at 5am and scared the sh..t out of both of us. However, we had the medications on us and managed to leave this nasty incident behind and had a lovely relaxing day after. There was another fit on our way back home on the motorway but Chris was amazing taking control over it while I was driving and trying to stop on the motorway. Our brave soldier.
Hence is the name for this blog  - Suits to Fit

Chris was and will always stay in our memories as the funniest man the world has ever seen. We missed him terribly this Xmas and New Year. Xmas, Boxing and New Year days will never be the same without his jokes and laughter. He left a massive hole in our lives by passing away. But he also changed us for better. I really hope that he made each and every of us a better person, the one who wakes up every morning and just embraces the life to its full. Love your life, love your family and friends, take care of your health, spare time for those who are dear to you and ALWAYS find time to stop and take it easy. Life is too short to rush it. Life is beautiful!



No comments:

Post a Comment