Thursday 9 June 2011

Temporary line delay's due to adverse snot conditions!

Hi everyone...

There is a new blog almost charged and ready, but not finely polished just yet... And it needs a little other work. SUNDAY was the day I was planning to put it up but clearly I haven't and I have also been struggling to stay in contact with anyone through any form of communication.

So, below is a text I sent to someone explaining why I hadn't been in touch. I then decided to cut and paste it and make it my text template for the time being.

And then it struck me... Hang on... I've got a blog...

So, like a "back in 5 mins" sign hung on the shop door... Here is a round up of my last 10 days in a nut shell.....

"Hello mate. Sorry I can't reply, I'm not having a very good week/10 days. One of the side effects of the drugs is the wall of my mouth and throat linings are all falling off. My tounge looks like a bbq'ed split sausage and I have sores and a throat you would only get if you spent two hours gargling shards of broken glass once a day!  Still never mind. It could be worse. Oh hang about... It is... The same is happening to the lining in my nose so the constant runny snot stings inside. That's not as bad as when I get the nose bleeds that don't clot because of other side effects in my drugs. So because my nose is blocked I dribble about 20 hours a day! (no change there then! ho ho)   And dribbling makes my lips sore and go through 3 or 4 towels covering my pillows a night! And because of the constant dribbling it makes it very hard to use my computer or text without covering my phone in dribble and blowing myself up! Woo hoo! The joy's of cancer treatment, eh? Still... Morphine has it's upsides!!!

4 comments:

  1. Milton - sending you muchos love and well wishes from Bolivia. Think of you often. Hold tight, and keep on fighting. Clare AKA Madame John. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOUNDS LIKE PROPER MAN FLU!! GET THEM FANCY NEW OLBAS OIL TISSUES, THEY'RE ADDICTIVE?? GET WELL FELLA, HOSKINS X

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as nothing else is dribbling uncontrollably!!!;-)

    Clare T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Milton,

    It was great to see you at the cricket the other week. We were robbed (chiefly by ourselves)but there is a slim hope that a re-match could be organized for September time. If so, hopefully you'll be strong enough to get down and make a day of it...

    No mention of the Spurs...except for that!

    Keep On,

    Roger

    ReplyDelete